Monday, April 11, 2011

This is what the best dressed cups of coffee are wearing ;)

I've been working on coffee cozys and mug rugs lately, one matching set for a cousin's birthday and another for my grandmother, just because.  I used a tutorial from house on hill road for the cozys, but did my own thing for the mug rugs.
This is the front of the mugrug for my cousin. I used Fairy Frosts and gold etched fabrics, and tried improv piecing for the first time.  It is still waiting for binding, but here is the back:
the finished coffee cozy:

I like this button bunches.  It is wonderfully sparkly and pretty, but my poor photo doesn't show it off well.

I have more to show you, but this post already has plenty of photos, so I'll leave the rest until another day.

Anyone for a cup of coffee?

No comments: