Wednesday, August 31, 2011

what I've been up to...

Lately, there hasn't been alot of sewing happening here.  I just can't seem to find my mojo.  Instead, I've been enjoying my cleaning.

Yes, I really did just say that.

Although, it would be more accurate to say I'm enjoying decluttering - which is my way of saying ditching everything in the house that isn't nailed down or absolutely essential to daily life  :) 

Every now and then, the amount of stuff in my house, and the chaos it causes, finally drives me bananas and I set out to purge as much as I can.  My kids are starting to get nervous whenever I walk into their bedrooms :)

Even my stash  has been bothering me lately - or more precisely, the amount of space it takes up.  And since I've been a bit aimless in the sewing department lately, I grabbed two boxes, a stack of scraps and random stash, and my roatery cutter and started cutting.  2.5 inch squares into one box, 5 inch squares into the other. 

After a couple days of cutting, I decided to make two 'tops' out of these bits and pieces - a postagestamp from the 2.5" squares and a disappearing ninepatch from the 5".  These two 'tops' are going to be the front and back of the same quilt, queen size.  Now this project ought to move some stash on out :)

This will be a long-term project, 'cause by the fifth day I had really cut enough 2.5 & 5 inch squares for awhile and put the boxes on a shelf  :)    But after a few days of cutting fabric even when I didn't much feel like it, I think I've found my motivation to tackle that WIP list agian {yay!}

PS - Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I left my camera in my Dad's car the other day {and this is one item definately necesary for daily life}   but you probably don't need to see a box of squares, anyway {even though it really is a pretty box}  :)

No comments: