Tuesday, October 9, 2012

the Fair has come & gone again :)

So, are you all wondering which way I finally hung my little 'plus' wall hanging?  :)
Well, I decided I wanted to hang it so the long side was horizontal, but that still left two options, so I just turned it over & sewed on the sleeve.  I honestly don't remember which way it ended up.  It was late on the last night I had to sew before my iteams had to go to the fair, so it was a 'get it done or forget it' moment.  A whole year of indesicion lead up to a just do it moment - I guess the lesson here is stop obsessing and make a decision already, hehe.

And after all that, this is how it was displayed at the Fair,


laid on a counter with other stuff partly on top of it.  Which doesn't bother me, I'm happy there are so many quilting entries that space is a bit cramped.  But I am now officially done sewing on hanging sleeves for the fair.  They don't use them to display the quilts, even though it is supposed to be a requirement. 


I didn't put a sleeve on my Happy Mochi DP, and it didn't seem to be a problem.

BTW, there is a blue ribbon on both my quilts!  I love hunting through the fair displays to see if I have won a ribbon :)


I wasn't the only one in the family to earn ribbons!  This pumpkin was painted by my youngest, and won a blue :)  It is supposed to be Mike from Monsters Inc.


Son #2 painted a pumpkin self portrait, with a mushtache & beard :)  He also won a blue ribbon :)

My oldest entered two photos, and won a third place and a second place ribbon :)

I also got an Honorable Mention for a jar of strawberry jam, my first time canning :)  Last June, my Mom came over to teach me how.  I hope I'll be able to make some apple jelly this fall - that is, if the rain ever stops so we can go pick some apples.

Add in some fried oreos, apple crisp, lots of animals, and a pony ride & it was a good trip to the Fair, even if it did rain all day :)  In a way, I'm glad it did.  My boys were so well behaved and never complained about the cold and damp - I'm so proud of them!  If it had been sunny & perfect, I wouldn't have had this chance to see how they are growing up into mature young men :)

Then of course, we went home and promptly got sick.  Oh well :)


This was the mystery prize that made it's way to Cindy of Tops to Treasures.  It is four prints on one yard of fabric, with handy-dandy dotted lines to cut them apart on.  In blue and grey.  I'm gravitating toward these colors lately, not sure why, I just feel the need to stash them.  And spread them around, aparently. :)

5 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

They are awesome fabrics! Thank you.

Sounds like the fair was a blast.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

congratulations on all those ribbons! You are clearly a family of artists :)

Celtic Thistle said...

Congratulations on a whole bunch of ribbons! Seems strange that a hanging sleeve is a requirement and then the quilts are draped on a table! Someone didn't think that rule through :)

Cherie said...

Congratulations to you all! That must have been a really fun experience =D

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Congratulations on all the blue ribbons! How exciting!